Keeping guest information secure, and using it only as our guests would want us to, is a top priority for us at KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat. In order for us to provide the best possible services, and to ensure that our services and treatments are specifically tailored to your needs, we need to collect certain types of personal information from you. You can be confident that any information entrusted to us will be treated with the highest degree of privacy and confidentiality.
Below we explain the types of information we collect from our guests, and how we use that information. It also provides details about your privacy rights and our obligations to you.
What Information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. Generally, the type of information we will collect about you is the information included in documents such as a reservation form, which includes your name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address, and ID information relating to payments such as drivers Licence/ vehicle registration details and credit card details. We may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health and wellness (including but not limited to medical information, mental health information, spiritual, relationship and family, and educational & vocational information). We will never collect sensitive information about you without your expressed consent.
How do we collect your personal information?
We generally collect your personal information directly from you using our Guest Wellness Intake forms and/ or verbally. For example, we may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, when you make a reservation or through other correspondence (whether by letter, fax or e-mail), when you visit our web site or when you have contact with us in person.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third person. For example:
- From a designated person making bookings on your behalf
- From a designated health practitioner (i.e., psychologist, counsellor, doctor, specialist) on your behalf and with your consent
How do we use your personal information?
We generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To confirm your retreat reservation and other services requested
- To confirm and process your method of payment
- To communicate with you regarding your reservation and in respect of the specific services at our spa & wellness retreat
- To provide you with information about our spa & wellness retreat
Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service. Other types of information we collect help us to profile who is using our services and what their interests are. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with the service requested.
Third Party Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our Independent Therapists to whom we contract out certain services. We engage third party Independent Therapists to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we currently engage third party contractors to:
- Supply personal services requested by you
- Where you have provided written consent for us to provide a written report to another professional or agency (i.e., psychologist, counsellor, doctor, specialist)
- Where you have provided written consent for us to discuss the material with another person (i.e., family member)
- Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services
Third party Independent Therapists contracted to KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat sign Service Agreements to ensure Guest information is kept strictly confidential and shall not be used or disclosed to any person except:
- When required working in conjunction with KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat’s Proprietors and other Independent Therapists contracted to KalyaaNa responsible in caring for the Guest during a retreat
- As authorised in writing by the Guest and/ or KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat
- To the extent the Guest information is public knowledge
- As required by any law, judicial or parliamentary body or governmental agency
- When the Guest needs to be protected from harming themselves (e.g., if suicidal)
- Where others may need to be protected (if the Guest has threatened to harm others or will do so inadvertently)
Access & Correction of Information we hold about you
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information. Your request is subject to several exceptions permitted by law. If we deny you access to your information, we will provide reasons to you. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
If you have provided us with your email address, KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat periodically sends promotional emails to its subscribers about services and discounts offered by KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat. If you do not wish to receive email information from us, please let us know by emailing us at: email@example.com or by writing us at: P.O Box 435, BRIDGETOWN, WA, 6255.
Security of your personal information
We protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, as electronic data, or in KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat’s software or systems. Our Independent Therapists are informed and aware of the sensitive nature of your personal information and are only permitted access when required for working in conjunction with KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat’s Proprietors and other Independent Therapists contracted to KalyaaNa responsible in caring for the Guest during a retreat
- All Confidential Information and/ or Guests files are kept in a lockable filing cabinet.
- Guest files always remain in the secured lockable office once treatments are performed.
- All Confidential Information relating to the Guest is kept on their file, and all that information remains the property of KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat.
- Confidential Information and/ or Guests files under no circumstances are taken off the KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat premises.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used, please forward your request, complaint or query to our address: PO Box 435, BRIDGETOWN, WA, 6255 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also telephone us on (08) 9761 1420. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible and will try to resolve any complaint as soon as practicable.
We welcome your questions and/or comments. Please look at our FAQ page to see if we have considered your enquiry, otherwise send your queries to: email@example.com