KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat is a true culinary experience showcasing progressive plant-based and raw living foods spa cuisine without the use of dairy, gluten, refined sugar or additives. Nutritionally healthy choices, sensational flavours and aromas – Kalyaana Spa & Wellness Retreat cuisine will show you that eating can be inspiring, healthy, creative and taste delicious.
The KalyaaNa food philosophy aims to help guests find balance within their personal lifestyles; how to listen to and act on what their bodies are telling them and how to make long-term, sustainable changes towards greater health and happiness. We have disconnected from the beauty of being able to nourish our bodies through healthy food. So often we make automatic, unconscious decisions about diet that impact heavily on our health & wellness. Fundamental to personal health and a healthy planet, plant-based and raw living foods support natural healing through cleansing to help us reach our highest potential.
By integrating plant-based and raw living foods into our daily lives, we can look forward to wellness, greater energy and mental clarity, a positive outlook on life and spiritual awakening. We don’t believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach when it comes to health and wellness and we understand that each individual has different dietary requirements, different lifestyle factors and are at a different emotional stage of change.
With a healthy spa cuisine approach to wellness in-house chef Karen personally chooses the freshest organic produce sourced from KalyaaNa’s own kitchen garden, as well as from local farmers and suppliers in the Blackwood River Valley and Southern Forests. Food is an integral part of our retreats and the more natural food you eat, the more you will enjoy radiant health and happiness. Karen’s knowledge lends itself to an array of mouth-watering, life giving energy foods and we invite you to experience nature’s finest healing cuisine at KalyaaNa’s Mandala Dining Room.
Here at KalyaaNa Spa & Wellness Retreat, we aim to showcase plant-based and raw living foods spa cuisine, so that our food is tastier, healthier, and supports a sustainable lifestyle.
- We choose organic where possible
- We are gluten free, dairy free & refined sugar free
- The majority of herbs we use at KalyaaNa are picked freshly from our own kitchen garden
- The fresh fruit in our dishes are sourced from KalyaaaNa’s kitchen garden & orchard and the plantations & orchards of local growers
- The fresh vegetables in our dishes are sourced from KalyaaaNa’s kitchen garden & orchard and the plantations & orchards of local growers
- The eggs we use come from our own free range chickens
- The oil we use is top quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil, made right here in Bridgetown, WA
- We use lots of legumes (like lentils and beans) with protein goodness, and tasty nuts and seeds
- Our bread is gluten free with delicious natural extras like nuts, herbs and seeds
- Our smoothies are boosted with super foods such as acai, chia, coconut oil, cacao, maca, matcha for high nutrient content
- All of our juices – like apple, cucumber, beetroot, pear and carrot – are freshly squeezed with nothing added – guaranteed 100% juice!